2012年8月11日 星期六

容易混淆的發音

容易混淆的發音










以 下  雖  然 很 簡 單 .....
( 但 發 音 不 準 , 可 就 會 製 造 大 笑 話 啦 \^^/  )
( so 不 可 不 慎  ! )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1_cNvFjQNM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN7lOyeFHEg&feature=related
( 邊學邊聽 音樂 吧 \^^/ )

比 如 :
當一位餐廳 帥帥的男服務生 , 向一桌 兩位美美的女客人 搭訕時 ...
卻 發生兩種不一樣的結果 ! Why ???

A: Do you need some fries ? It's my treat !  薯條  [fraɪz]
A: 妳們要吃薯條嗎 ? 我請客 !
B: Thank you . I love you.

..................................................................

C: Do you need some flies ? It's my treat !   蒼蠅 = 虎神 (台語)  [flaɪz] \^ ^/
C: 妳們要吃蒼蠅嗎 ? 我請客 !

D: No , we'll never ever need it ! ( 可能順便被 瞪了一眼 )

*****************

注意 長音[ i ] 與 短音 [ I ] 的不同


sheep 綿羊 -----  ship 船
sheep 複數

He keeps a flock of sheep.
他養了一群羊。

Are you a man or are you a sheep?
你是個男子漢, 還是個懦夫?

They crossed the Pacific by ship.
他們乘船橫渡太平洋。

The ship sailed an hour ago.

All the passengers boarded the ship.

The ship sank. 

We went to Greece by ship.

We ship oranges to Europe.  vt.運輸;運送

----------------------------------

these  這些 -----  this 這

These books are a bit difficult for schoolchildren.
這些書對小學生太難了一點。

I've been teaching in China these three years.
三年來我一直在中國大陸教書。

Look at this.瞧瞧這個。

This pen is mine.這支筆是我的。

He will treat us to dinner this Friday.
本星期五他要請我們吃飯。

-----------------------------------

leave 交給;前往;離開 ----- live 住;活

leaf 樹葉 複數 leaves
The train leaves the station in five minutes. 火車在5分鐘後離站.

You can leave your case with me.
你可以把箱子交給我。

He asked to leave the room.   vt 離開

We are leaving at 10 o'clock.  vi 離開

The plane leaves in an hour. vi 離開

She left school at the age of 15.  vt 畢業

He left his job a month ago. vt 離職


When I went to school I left my books at home.   vt 遺忘留下;忘記帶走

He left the keys at the office. 

Leave some cake for your brother ! vt 留下

She left me a note. vt 留下

She left them a fortune.  vt 留給 

Leave it to me ! I'll deal with it.   vt. 把...留給... (讓我來做)

We will leave for London next week.
我們下週動身去倫敦。

The soldiers had six weeks's leave.  N.休假
士兵們有六星期的休假.

Leave me alone ! 不要打擾我!

Leave the camera alone ! 不要碰那相機!


Leave the cakes alone - you can eat them later.   vt 保留原狀
別碰這些蛋糕-等一下你才能吃.


I left my umbrella behind.  忘記拿...

We have to leave for the airport early.  出發(去)

You left out a word here.   漏掉

He left some details out (on purpose).  刪去

They left him out of the game.   沒將  某人  列入  (參賽名單)

I want to live, not just to exist.
我要享受生活, 而不僅僅是活著。

She lives about ten miles from my house.
她住在離我們的屋子大約十英里遠處。

I live in Paris. 

She live at 10 Johnson St. 

Where do you live ?






Are your parents living?
你父母親健在嗎?

I don't know how long he will live.

She lived to the age of 89.

You can't live without air.

Some animals live on fruit.   吃...維生

He lives on a small salary.  靠...過活

They lived through a difficult time.  渡過

There are a live spider in the jar.  adj  [laɪv] 活的;有生命的 = alive  念法不同喔

a live broadcast  /  a live concert   adj  [laɪv]  實況轉播的  念法不同喔

a live wire   adj  [laɪv] 有電的  念法不同喔

They will broadcast the game live .  adv  [laɪv]  實況轉播地   念法不同喔



-----------------------------------

seat 座椅 ----- sit 坐;坐落

Excuse me, is this seat taken?
對不起, 請問這座位有人坐嗎?

He seated himself in a chair.
他在椅子上坐下。

The temple sits on a hill.
寺廟座落在山上。

Frank sits his horse well.
法蘭克擅長騎馬。

The minibus will sit ten people.
這輛小型巴士可坐十人。

-----------------------------------

seek 尋找 ----- sick 生病

You should seek medical advice.
你應該請醫生診視。

They were seeking employment.
他們在找工作。

The sick tree is several hundred years old.
這棵病樹已生長了好幾百年了。

I'm sick of your stupid remarks.
你的那些蠢話我已經聽厭了。

-----------------------------------

peace 和平 ----- piss 小便

We live in peace with our neighbors.
我們與鄰居和睦相處。
I told him to go away and leave me in peace.
我叫他走開, 別來打擾我。

I want to pee. 我想尿尿

I have to take a piss. 我需要/要尿尿

I have to pee. 我需要/要尿尿

-----------------------------------

feet 腳(複數);英尺 ----- fit 合身

The building is 60 feet high.
這幢房子有六十呎高。

This dress doesn't fit me.
這件衣服不適合我穿。


We must fit the action to the word.
我們必須言行一致。

Her training fits her for the job.
她所受的訓練使她能勝任這項工作。


-----------------------------------

beat 打 ----- bit 一點

He beat his brother for lying.
他因為他的兄弟說謊而揍他。

I think Jack can beat all the runners in the country.
我認為傑克可以勝過這個國家的所有賽跑選手。

His heart beats violently.
他的心劇烈地跳著。

Please wait a bit.
請稍等片刻。

She is out to do a bit of shopping.
她出去買點東西。

-----------------------------------

peek 頂端;偷看 ----- pick 撿拾;挑選

They caught him peeking in through the keyhole.
他們發現他從鑰匙孔裡向裡窺視。

I took a peek at the list.我很快看了一眼名單。

Please pick a good book for me.
請為我挑一本好書。

Here are ten books in English, take your pick.
這裡有十本英文書, 你挑吧。

This stamp is the pick of my collection.
這一張是我收集的郵票中最珍貴的。

They've gone picking.
他們出去採摘果子了。
-----------------------------------

leap 跳 ----- lip 唇

The boy took a leap from the window.
那個男孩從窗口跳下去。

National income went up with a leap.
國民收入猛增。

He refused to open his lips.
他拒不開口。

None of your lip!不要多嘴!

Don't lip the cake, Jimmy.
吉米, 別用嘴唇碰蛋糕。

*******************************
*******************************

[e ]  與 [æ] 的不同


bed 床 ----- bad 壞

Joe sat on the bed.
喬坐在床上。

It's too early for bed.
睡覺還太早。

I'll bed down on the sofa.
我就睡在沙發上。

The weather was really bad.
天氣真糟。

I felt bad all day.
我整天覺得不舒服。

She's got a bad headache.
她頭痛得厲害。

The meat has gone bad.
這肉已壞了。

You must learn to take the bad with the good.
人必須學會好壞都能承受。


-----------------------------------

pen 鋼筆 ----- pan 平底鍋;【口】嚴厲地批評

The contract must be signed with a pen, not a pencil.
這合同一定要用鋼筆而不用鉛筆簽字。

He has a lively pen.
他的文筆生動逼真。

She makes a living with her pen.
她靠寫作為生。

He cooked the pasta in a large pan of boiling water.
他用一大鍋開水煮義大利麵食。

That movie was panned by the critics but loved by the public.
那部電影被影評人批評得一文不值, 但是卻頗受大眾喜歡。

The newspaper article panned the politician.
報上那篇文章嚴厲地批評了那個政客。

-----------------------------------

leg 腳 ----- lag 落後
leg
 KK [lɛg] DJ [leg]

I have a severe pain in my leg.
我腿部劇烈疼痛。

One leg of the chair is missing.
這椅子缺了一隻腳。

Some of the runners in the race began to lag.
參加比賽的運動員中有一些開始落後了。

The child lags his peers in intellectual development.
這孩子在智力發展方面比同齡人遲緩。

There was a long lag in forwarding mail to us.
郵件轉送我們前已有好長一段時間的耽擱。
-----------------------------------
set 設定 ----- sat 坐 (過去式)

The play is set in 15th-century Italy.
這齣戲以十五世紀的義大利為背景。

She set the alarm for 5 a.m.
她把鬧鐘撥到早晨五點響鈴。

Bob set us a good example.
鮑伯為我們樹立了一個好榜樣。

They set a trap for the weasel.
他們給黃鼠狼設下陷阱。

They sat in a ring.
他們坐成一圈。

She sat the child in the chair.
她把孩子放在椅子上。
*******************************
*******************************

沒有留言:

張貼留言