2012年10月23日 星期二

Do you understand?

What do you do when someone is talking to you and
you don't understand ?

-----------------------------------------------------
clarification   [͵klærəfəˋkeʃən] N. 澄清
Do you ask for clarification ?
你會發問來確認嗎?

How can you ask for clarification in a polite way ?

He's always so polite to people.
他對人總是非常有禮貌。 [pəˋlaɪt] adj 有禮貌的, 客氣的; 殷勤的
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pretend that + 子句
pretend to + 原形動詞
He pretended that he was innocent.
他假裝無辜。
He pretended to be friendly with me.
他假裝對我友善。
Do you pretend to understand and nod your head ?
你是假裝懂而光點頭?
 
-------------------------------------------------------
Do you look confused ?
你看起來是一頭霧水的表情? (困惑的表情)
You confused Australia with Austria.
你把澳大利亞和奧地利搞混了
His granddaughter confused the papers on his desk.
他的孫女把他書桌上的書信文件弄亂了。
 
--------------------------------------------------------------
environment   [ɪnˋvaɪrənmənt]  N.環境
 
in office environments  在辦公室裡
 
Children need a happy home environment.
孩子們需要愉快的家庭環境。

It is highly important to preserve the environment.
維護自然環境至關重要.

---------------------------------------------------------------
communication

communication between employees and clients

Communication between old and young people is not so difficult as you think.
青老年之間的思想交流沒有你想的那樣困難。
 
The firm has  3500 employees.這家公司有3千5百名員工。  [͵ɛmplɔɪˋi]
 
The university is a major employer in the area.
該大學是這一地區的大雇主。 [ɪmˋplɔɪɚ]

He has been a valued client of our bank for many years.
他多年來一直是我們銀行的重要客戶。 [ˋklaɪənt]  N. 客戶 ; 委託人

Miscommunication can cause problems and cost companies money.

溝通不良 會造成問題 甚至影響公司財物損失.

The error cost the company one million pounds.
這錯誤使公司損失了一百萬英鎊。

The car cost him around ten thousand US dollars.
這車花去他一萬美元左右。
--------------------------------------------------------------------
influence

influence office efficiency and productivity

I don't want to influence you.
You must decide for yourself.
我不想影響你。你必須自行決定。  [ˋɪnflʊəns] N. 影響 vt 影響...

Mr. Smith is a man of influence in this town.
史密斯先生是這個鎮上有權勢的人物。

These machines have increased our work efficiency many times.
這些機器使我們的工作效率提高了許多倍。 [ɪˋfɪʃənsɪ]  N.效率

There have been enormous increases in agricultural productivity.
農業生產率已得到巨大提高。 [͵prodʌkˋtɪvətɪ] N. 生產力;生產率
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Western culture , interrupting a speaker to ask for clarification
shows that the listener is paying attention and interested.
 
 
He has studied the cultures of various western countries.
他研究了各西方國家的文化.   [ˋkʌltʃɚ]   N. 文化 ; 修養
He is a man of culture.他是一個有修養的人。
 
I don't want to interrupt you. Go on with your story.
我不想打斷你。請把你的故事講下去。
 
You should pay attention to your spelling.
你要注意拼字。
 
I'm not interested in politics.
我對政治不感興趣。
 
I have no idea what her politics are.
我不知道她的政見如何。
 
Politics was one of his university subjects.
政治學是他大學的課程之一。
 
Einstein once said, "Politics is much more difficult than physics.
"愛因斯坦曾說, "政治比物理更難。"
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

當您不懂 發話者 的意思時 您可以說 ---

 

What do you mean ?  您的意思是 ?

 

Excuse me. What did you say ?

對不起 . 您說甚麼?

 

Can you say that again , please ?

可以請您再說一次嗎?

 

What does [word] mean ?

這個字是甚麼意思 ?

 

Can you repeat that , please ?

可以請您重複一次嗎 ?

 

Can you repeat that a bit slower , please ?

可以請您再慢慢地說一次嗎?

 

Can you explain what that word means , please ?

可以請你解釋那個字的意思嗎 ?

 
 
 

沒有留言:

張貼留言