2012年12月7日 星期五

about think

think

think thought thought thinking

**************************************************

I think ... 有認為  料想 之意 , 表示說話的人對所說的事 不太肯定... 

I think he is Mr. Lin.
我想他是林先生





I think it is true.=I think it (to be) true.
我認為那是真的

I think the nearest post office is in Market Street.

I think he can help me.

Wrong number , I think.
打錯了電話, 我想.

I think he will come.我想他會來的。

I think you're wrong.
我認為您錯了.

I think you're right.
= You 're right , I think.

I think it's going to rain.
我看要下雨了.





I think I can manage by myself.
我想我能對付過去
I think your magazine is brill.
我認為你們的雜誌很棒.  brill係由 brilliant 縮略而成





I inasmuch as  as he is an honest man, I think you may rely upon him.
鑒於他為人誠實,我想你可以信賴他. 

inasmuch  as    連接詞  因為, 由於, 鑑於 ; 在...的限度內; 在...範圍內
Inasmuch as the debtor has gone bankrupt, I will abandon the claim.
債務人既已破產, 我將放棄債權。
I did not criticize her acting, inasmuch as I really did not feel competent.
我沒有去評論她的演技, 因為我確實覺得這方面自己並不在行
His duty is to assist the aggrieved person inasmuch as he is able.
他的責任是盡其所能幫助受害人。





 
I think it unwise to climb a mountain without a guide.
我認為不帶嚮導就去登山是不明智的.





They should come by three o'clock, I think.
我想,他們三點鐘以前總會來的.





He is over thirty, I should think.
我想他該有三十多歲吧.

..........................................................................
Let me think a moment.
讓我想一想.

I  never thought to meet her here.
我從沒料到會在這兒遇到她.

They thought the book worth reading.
他們覺得這本書值得一讀.

We thought it our duty to take care of the orphans.
我們認為照顧這些孤兒是我們的職責。

They thought the novel worth reading.
他們認為這本小說值得一讀。
At first he thought to tell her, then he changed his mind.
他原來打算告訴她的, 後來改變主意了。





He will think differently from you.
他想的不會與你一樣
-----------------------------------------------------
I can't think what you mean.
我不懂你是什麼意思。
I can't think why they left without saying good-bye.
我不明白他們為什麼不告而別。
I can't think what his phone number is.
我記不起他的電話號碼是多少。
I didn't think to land myself in trouble.
我沒想到會使自己陷入困境。





The job is good,but I don't think he can hack it.
那活兒挺不錯,可是我看他對付不了





What do you think of me becoming a teacher?
我當老師你認為怎麼樣?


***********************************
Think before you leap.
先思而後行。 vi

His bodyguard leapt into action.
他的保鏢立即採取行動。   leap [lip] vi 迅速進行, 立即著手; 突然發生

Do as you think best.
你認為怎樣最好就怎樣去做。 vi




 
as you think proper
你認為怎麼合適就…





It is not so easy as you think.
這件事不像你想的那麼容易




I was foolish [fool] enough to think so.
那時我就是這麼想的,好傻喔!
(fool等轉化之形容詞無需冠詞)

.....................................................................

thinking   Nu. 思考;想法

Do some hard thinking. 好好想想

What's your thinking on this matter ?
對這件事你是怎麼看的 ?

..........................................................

帶think 的片語

* have a hard think = think  hard

* think and think
想了又想,細想

* think about 考慮 ; 思慮 = think of
   have a think about it = think about it.

* think hard 深思

* think aloud     自言自語

* think practically
從實際考慮

* think better of     對...有更高的評價 ; 重新考慮後決定不做(或放棄)

* think little of       不重視; 認為...沒價值 ; 不在乎...
She thought little of my work.
她不看重我的工作。

* think ill of  認為... 很壞

* think  hardly of   把...想得很壞

* think little of = think light of  輕視; 不重視
  He thought little of his illness and worked himself to death.
  他不當心疾病,並且工作過於勞苦而死.



* think poorly of =think lightly of = think meanly of
   不佩服,不認為好 ; 鄙視
   

 

* think nothing of 把...視為平常 ; 輕視 ; 看不起
   He thought nothing of walking 40 miles.
   走四十英里他並不當一回事
   

* "Does Sam always walk to school?  All five miles ?"
    " Yes , but he thinks nothing of walking a few miles."
    " Sam都是走五哩路去上學的嗎?"
    " 是的, 不過他對此豪不為意."



* think much of      看重;  認為....有價值
   = think highly of    = think well of 
   I think highly of his scholarship. 我敬佩他的學問. 
   They didn't think much of his work. 他們不重視他的作品.

* think the world of 極其看重
He really thinks the world of you.
他真的很看重你。

* think of  想到 ; 考慮 ; 記得; 認為 = think about
   We're thinking of going to France for our vacation , 
   but we haven't decided for certain yet.
   我們正在認真考慮去法國渡假,不過還沒有確實決定. 

   What do you think of Professor Gonrad's class?
   你認為Gonrad 教授的課怎麼樣?

   I can't think of his name. 我記不起他的名字來.

   What are you thinking about ? 你正在想什麼 ?

   What do you think of Hemingway's latest novel ?
   你對海明威最近的小說有怎樣的看法 ? 

   Look about you , and think of what you see.
   觀察你的周圍,並就你所見的加以詳細考慮.


* think of ... as  把...看作
I think of you as part of my family.
我把你視為我家的一份子
She thinks of Mrs. Lin as her mentor.
她視林太太為她的啟蒙導

* think of ... for   考慮 ...適合...

* think on   考慮 ; 思量

* think out    仔細考慮 ; 仔細思索 ; 仔細想出
He needs some time to think the matter out.
他需要時間來仔細考慮一下那件事。

* think over  仔細考慮
I'll think over your suggestion again.
我將再次仔細考慮你的建議。

* think piece   內幕新聞報導

* think tank     智囊團 = think factory
   tank 坦克 ; (  貯水, 油, 氣等的  櫃, 罐, 箱, 槽 )

* think through  徹底地想清楚
You must think it through before you take any action.
在採取任何行動之前, 你必須仔細想清楚。
* think twice
重新考慮; 三思
You need to think twice of the matter.這事你要三思。

"I'm going to Africa for my vacation. " 
 我要去非洲渡假.
"Really ? You should think twice about it. 
 真的嗎 ? 你該三思而行.
 Countries there often have political troubles." 
 那裡的國家常有一些政治的問題.


* think up  想出
He tried to think up a plan for escape.
他企圖想出一個逃跑的計劃。

* think upon  考慮; 思量





* shudder at the thought of...=shudder to think of
一想到…就發抖.
............................

沒有留言:

張貼留言